Autumn statement.

Sponsored Links
i think that is excise duty.
As part of plans to make the motoring tax system 'fairer', any electric vehicle (EV) registered after April 1, 2017 will be charged a standard Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) annual rate of £165.

Meanwhile the newest EVs registered from April 1, 2025 will pay the lowest 'first year rate of VED' which currently stands at just £10, but could go up by the time the tax comes into effect.

These vehicles will be subject to pay the £165-a-year standard rate from year two.

While up until now EVs have been exempt from the 'Expensive Car Supplement' - dubbed the 'Tesla tax' - for cars with a list price of over £40,000, this will also end in 2025.

From April 1, 2025 models exceeding £40,000 face an extra £355-a-year for five years on top of the standard £165 annual rate.

From April 1, 2025 models exceeding £40,000 face an extra £355-a-year for five years on top of the standard £165 annual rate.

Already in force and has been for a while, we got hit on our recent car purchase.

edit: sorry, mis read, electric vehicles. Quite right too.

Sponsored Links
CGT is up - it'll cost landlords more when they sell up.

I haven't heard commentary today but I know Labour wanted a plan for investment and growth, and I didn't think there was anything much.

Small businesses, enterprise, R & D, help for people wanting foreign workers, house building, all needed an extra boost. More borrowing to pay for it, sure, but if you don't grow you shrivel

I haven't heard commentary today but I know Labour wanted a plan for investment and growth, and I didn't
It is a communist budget and Labour should have been proud. The only growth Labour and the tories want is in state power and interference in people's lives.
help for people wanting foreign workers
Why should there be help for people wanting foreign workers? What a destructive idea. There should be help for employers willing to to help people in their local area that need jobs.

yep the dividend cut is going to upset all those small labour supporting business people who are constantly shouting rich people should pay more tax and stop tax avoidance schemes whilst paying themselves through the divi route

yep the dividend cut is going to upset all those small labour supporting business people who are constantly shouting rich people should pay more tax and stop tax avoidance schemes whilst paying themselves through the divi route
Not a massive biggie though. Reducing it from £2k to £1k and then £500 so just £87.50 more in tax in year one and £131.25 per year from year 2 onwards.

Not a massive biggie though. Reducing it from £2k to £1k and then £500 so just £87.50 more in tax in year one and £131.25 per year from year 2 onwards.
came down a lot over the years used to worth a lot more but still loads doing it as well as the wife being a director whilst sitting watching daytime telle

Hmm. All quiet on the Euro front. :ROFLMAO:
They will take longer to go into recession. Eg Germany is expected to next year. The difference between us and them is the state before things went this way.

LOL Anyone who wants out of the EU is a globaliist,

His comments about corporation tax are also stupid. Still lowest in the G7 and there is an incentive for companies to invest. Having the low rate has never done us any good.

I wonder when the G7 will become the G6 when the UK is moved into the G20.

This is not a fix it budget it's push the results down the years.

Sponsored Links
Back