1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Available Plumbers

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by astarquitefrankly, 22 Jan 2020.

1. astarquitefrankly

astarquitefrankly

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Evening,

If you guys could use a website/app to find available plumbers in real-time rather than ringing around to find out availability would you use it?

It would be linked to all the usual review sites like checkatrade as well as the company’s social media etc. So you could see a profile of them before contacting them.

The company would have logged there availability within the last 3 hours on a countdown for how long they are available for so you can guarantee they are available there and then And it would also show you how many miles they are from you.

They would be available to give quotes for bigger jobs and to complete smaller jobs like breakdowns and servicing.

I hear a lot about trades not turning up to quote jobs when they say they will or not wanting the smaller jobs and feel this would eradicate that.

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It already exists - it's called Bizzby

4. astarquitefrankly

astarquitefrankly

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Buzzby are a lead generator aren’t they? Customer types in what job they want and buzzby contact company’s to tell them what the customer has said and tells them how much they are willing to pay?

this would be more like a google search and bringing up all the company’s on a map but only those who are Available to attend there and then, eradicating the news to ring around or book someone to come in the future and they don’t turn up.

I’m looking into this as I flip houses and need trades at short notice for small jobs as everyone loves the big stuff but getting the small stuff done is a nightmare, booking trades to give quotes is a nightmare too, if I could find the most local trades and be able to see reviews etc in one place it would be a real timesaver for us.

5. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bizzby has an "Online" feature for trades, whereby those who are immediately available for work can click a button to advertise the fact, then accept any jobs that are posted by customers as they come in.

Generally speaking though, trades who are available immediately tend to be a bit cr@p. Anyone who's actually any good is going to be booked up well in advance. Personally, I run on a 3 month lead time, although I'll pick up the odd small job/ emergency in the evening if it takes my fancy

• Like Like x 2
  6. astarquitefrankly

astarquitefrankly

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

I see, that’s good to know, I’m the same, I have a heating company too with a few lads, my issue tends to be when my lads finish early, Iv got one who just does service and breakdowns and and he finishes for 2 o’clock constantly and something like this would be great but to fill his time rather than be running about finding work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bizarre way to run a business

8. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's BG's model and has been for decades - Don't tell Sid :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bit different to a small business...losing the odd £million not an issue

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sponsored Links
  11. astarquitefrankly

astarquitefrankly

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Why’s that? It’s only a team of 5, 2 installers, 1 bathroom fitter and 1 service and breakdowns and I do the small stuff that comes in and float between them and my houses. I can’t give him more than 6 jobs a day On his diary as it would lead to to some days not finishing jobs and having to do return visits which messes everything up.

12. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Lol....think about it.Who pays for his gas safe, insurance. Etc. for him to be sat in the pub by 2pm every day?

13. astarquitefrankly

astarquitefrankly

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sadly for him he has to go to to one of the houses but I’d much rather him be on a Job local to where he has just finished.

14. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If he's doing 6 services in a day and finishing by 2pm, I'd bes seriously questioning whether he's actually doing them properly

• Like Like x 1
  15. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Many companies who advertise for gas lads and lasses expect 12 services/breakdowns per day!!!!...Fek knows how that works..

16. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Because it is never a service , it is a total con, annual safety check my ariss, I worked for one of the big six and the maximum time you were allowed in front of the boiler was 17 mins

17. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wow...cannot see how that works ever if the job is a mix of service and breakdowns

Sponsored Links