Average cost of replacing Gas hob by Gas Safe Engineer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I about to rent a flat out and have just bought a new Gas Hub from currys to replace the old one.

British Gas said they will charge me £110 to replace it.
I called up another company up and they said they will charge £150! and they were saying some stuff about issuing me with a certificate blah blah blah.....

Anyway I wanted to know what the average price would be to get a Gas Safe Engineer to do the job

cheers

cooa99

Sponsored Links
Well you have had 2 quotes from gas safe installers so the average is £130.00. You need to have rigid copper connections not the old flexible hose bayonet these days. The blah blah is possibly a landlords cert which you should be aware of !
Pete

I would charge £70 +vat Plus materials say £15-20ish

You will need a landlord certificate if your gonna rent out this place. Prices for that will vary but I charge £50 to service each appliance and £35 for certification + vat

depends where you are in london. Parking and travel issues can escalate the price.

Sponsored Links
To quote properly the relative dimensions are needed. Suppose the new hob is smaller than the hole in the worktop?

Does the new hob have an FSD ?

I would charge £65 to connect to the gas if the new hob was screwed into place by others plus £35 for a gas cert.

If cutting the worktop is needed then I would advise a carpenter!

Thanks guys,

I ended paying British Gas for the install and they charged another £36 for the cert

Which is about right!!

if you have to ask how much it costs - you can't really afford it!! ;)

Damm Either London is expensive or I have some good contacts. My guy would charge around £80 max for that. And yes he is gas safe.

yep some people like to make the customer pay for their lack of ability and speed.
Nothing hard about doing a hob like for like, even with a new tap mats are less than 20 quid and if there longer than an hour they are fannying about

I had a hob fitted by a gas-safe chap for 40 quid. Didn't get a cert but i am not a landlord. Not particularly neat job either, soldering is messy as anythng. But hey, its gas-safe.

Coco has failed to tell us how much he paid BG to install the hob for him!

The only installation price that I know for sure is what I might charge!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back