Average cost to refelt and tile roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I live in a 1939 house that we bought last year that is detached and we have a leak in our spare room. I went up into the loft the other night to see if where it was coming in but no luck. I did noticed a damp patch on our loft insulation elsewhere in the loft. I looked at the felt and it's really brittle and probably the original. I spoke to my brother who is a builder and he sent a roofer round to have a look and give me a quote for refelting the roof. He said he would do it cheaper as he knows my bro and quoted me £4000. That includes new felt, batons, scaffolding, reusing existing tiles and removing an old boiler chimney stack which doesn't get use anymore and tiling over it. Does this sound like a good price?

Sponsored Links
I'll just give my crystal ball a rub and see if it will come up with your roof size and the the type of tiles you are using.

Darn it's broke.

I'll just give my crystal ball a rub and see if it will come up with your roof size and the the type of tiles you are using.

Darn it's broke.

Ha ha. Sorry don't know dimensions. He's using the original existing tiles and putting on new ridges.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Had a think about getting the tiles changed and decided to get it done whilst all the scaffolding up. He wanted an extra £1000 for new tiles and thats on a 4 sided roof. Thats £5000 in total. Does that sound a good price? At a guess the house has got to be 7m x 6m?

Plain clay tile re-roofs usually come in at around £60p/m plus scaffold plus skip.

Your floor area will not reflect roof tile surface. Roofing surface will be much greater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back