Average gas/electric costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am a reasonably recent home owner and ive just received my first quarterly bill. I was just interested to see how my bills compare...

Im 31, live on my own in a 2 bed upstairs flat, kitchen, bathroom, one tv, gas cooker, central heating. Im with Southern Electric (dual).

My bills:
14 aug 16 nov
GAS £47.73
ELEC: £28.13

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you knobled the meters? I wish mine were that low. :eek:

Thats pretty good.

Southern Electric
3 Bed 30's Semi.
2 People

Gas - £30/m (£90/q)
Electric - £28/m (£84/q)

I usually end up with a rebate at the end of the year.

Sponsored Links
actual.

the estimates were £17.16 for gas and £15.47 for electric - i rang up to give the correct readings. this is why i was unsure if perhaps i had been frivolous. As may be apparent - this is the first time ive ever had to pay an elec or gas bill of my own!

This be where the data rests...
http://stats.berr.gov.uk/uksa/energy/sa20081223c.htm

You are not living - merely surviving !! :D

For 2007 :-
366 kWh / month Electricity Av' domestic usage for GB
1468 kWh / month Gas Av' domestic usage for GB

That would be, today, through OVO Energy £965 p/a or £80.42 p/m in Somersetshire NE.

I used 295kWh pm Elec and 1748kWh gas - same period-2007... 4 bed House inhabited pretty much 24/7 £972 or £81 p/m OVO Energy today.

:D

Flippin eck you lot have good energy bills. My Wife is paying about £77 a month for gas and electric combined in a 3 bed semi. At the moment she is about £100 or so in credit. There are only 2 of us and we're out all day at work.

My dads leccy is £130 and gas £50 in a 3 bed end terrace. Gas CH but leccy oven with 3 people living there :eek:

I bought one of those owl monitors to keep an eye on mine but he's going to borrow it for a month first lol

We gave meter readings few weeks back and got our bills adjusted

2 Bed semi

Gas £70 month
Elec £ 40 month

That's high, snico. Is your house occupied most of the day?

I dread to think what our will be when Wifey is on maternity leave.

£50 a month combined gas/elec for a 1 bed terrace, currently £100 in credit.

Last year's leccy bill for the summer £90 (we have no gas)

3 months ago, Mrs Green's daughter turns up looking for lodgings having fallen out with her fella.

This years leccy bill for summer £220 :evil: :evil: :evil:

She's moving out tonight apparently :LOL: :LOL:

3 bed terrace here £ 50.50p a month 2/5 gas 3/5 leccy 12 or 13 leccy units every day winter or summer

Sponsored Links
Back