average wage

Isn't the whole financial market based on approximations? "APR" this and
% that, no wonder people are confused and havnt any idea they are being ripped off.

APR is not an approximation.The APR is actually the rate applied if one made no repayments for one year. Again, a different animal from the 'flat interest' rate.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
% that, no wonder people are confused and havnt any idea they are being ripped off.

APR is not an approximation.The APR is actually the rate applied if one made no repayments for one year. Again, a different animal from the 'flat interest' rate.
APR confused a great deal of people as was publicised some time back, the meaning of approximation in this context is that they the financial bods dont say what they mean, which leads the ordinary folk who dont have a financial grasp on things to be misled with their finances.

APR confused a great deal of people as was publicised some time back, the meaning of approximation in this context is that they the financial bods dont say what they mean, which leads the ordinary folk who dont have a financial grasp on things to be misled with their finances.

APR's were introduced to specifially allow consumers to objectively compare interest rates and take the confusion out of things. Seems like that's not worked.

Sponsored Links
but what does the worker on a line in a factory get , is there more shop workers and min wage people than fat cats , so what is there avarage wage, :( Nation wide it more like £300 TOPS :cry:

but what does the worker on a line in a factory get , is there more shop workers and min wage people than fat cats , so what is there avarage wage, :( Nation wide it more like £300 TOPS :cry:

That wouldn't be totally unrealistic.

On the packing lines where I work most if not all are eastern europeans contracted to agencies don't know what their actual wage is but i bet its around the mininum wage so is this included in the supposed average wage calculation.

oompah said:
...is this included in the supposed average wage calculation.
If the salary is declared, then of course it's included; if it's not declared, then of course it's excluded.

Reminds me of those ads for training courses in I.T. They all state:

"the average salary in IT is £££ridiculousamount£££"

What they don't mention is that Bill Gates is included in the stats :LOL:

Surprised you didnt knock up an excel sheet to present your case pip ;)

Sorry 'bout that, but the official source should be mentioned...
Note the sample size too...

...The Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings is based on a sample of employee jobs taken from HM Revenue & Customs PAYE records. The 2007 ASHE is based on approximately 142,000 returns and in 2007 information was collected for the pay period that included 18 April...

:D

should we go by numbers ie 10 million get between £5.75 & £7.50 per hour , next 5 MIllion get .£7.50 £9 per hour and so on ,till the real true figures shine through 1% get £1,000,000 plus , like branston plus sports and pop people, stock exchange guys ect then we would have, THE REAL FIGURE OF WHATS GOING INTO works pocket :confused: bet it's not £457 per week :cry:

Reminds me of those ads for training courses in I.T. They all state:

"the average salary in IT is £££ridiculousamount£££"

What they don't mention is that Bill Gates is included in the stats :LOL:

I think you mean "the average salary in IT is rupees ridiculousamount rupees"

Sponsored Links
Back