Obesity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is this word being bandied about now all the time - When I was young, an obese person was one of those really huge people you used to see that could just about haul themselves along on tiny little legs - Now it is applied to pretty much anyone who is slightly overweight (and I speak as someone who is officially obese according to the fancy-schmancy new BMI figures).

Is the idea just to shock people into losing weight if you call them obese ? And why do people seem to think that overweight-ness is always someone's own fault and an open subject for discussion. No-one would go up to an anorexic at a party and say 'Just eat a few more pies and stop throwing up - that'll sort you...' would they, so why is it acceptable with fat people.

So leave us alone - we're just big-boned......

Sponsored Links
You only get fat from eating too much or the wrong foods.

Obesity is a health time-bomb.

Yes, I'm a stone heavier than I should be.

And yes. It IS my fault.

you aint obese your only 2foot 6 inches too sort :LOL:

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
Mmm, you cheap biscuit slapper, you're made from unrefined flour.

Erm, talking of obesity.....unrefined flour is better for you...

securespark said:
notb665 said:

Depends; I can't eat unrefined flour/bread/pasta/hob-nob type biscuits - it makes me really ill.

notb665 said:
securespark said:
notb665 said:

Depends; I can't eat unrefined flour/bread/pasta/hob-nob type biscuits - it makes me really ill.

Yeah, but you're not supposed to eat them all in one go. ;)

You're not obese, you're a lazy, sweaty, fat b*****d ! ;) You also probably smell as well :D

johnny_t said:
Why is this word being bandied about now all the time - When I was young, an obese person was one of those really huge people you used to see that could just about haul themselves along on tiny little legs - Now it is applied to pretty much anyone who is slightly overweight (and I speak as someone who is officially obese according to the fancy-schmancy new BMI figures).

Is the idea just to shock people into losing weight if you call them obese ? And why do people seem to think that overweight-ness is always someone's own fault and an open subject for discussion. No-one would go up to an anorexic at a party and say 'Just eat a few more pies and stop throwing up - that'll sort you...' would they, so why is it acceptable with fat people.

So leave us alone - we're just big-boned......

I think tbh its due weight related health issues and the NHS rather than just people being overweight. So yes it is probably just to shock people into loosing weight!

weight gain and weight loss is simple.

if you eat more energy (food) than you use, you will put on weight.

if you eat less energy (food) than you use, you will lose weight.

its ok blubbing on about, "ooh it's me hormones" or "ooh it's me metabolism.

simple physics.

certain medical conditions make weight gain inevitable, but we only have ourselves to blame for being greedy.

exercise is far better than going on a daft diet

i like my grub too much so i am active sometimes beyond reason ( chocolate )

everything in small amounts even your treats but EXERCISE :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back