AVG Free

As an alternative free anti-virus software, I use Avast which works absolutely fine with Thunderbird, and indeed has picked up several incoming nasties this week. Worth a look...?

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
As an alternative free anti-virus software, I use Avast which works absolutely fine with Thunderbird, and indeed has picked up several incoming nasties this week. Worth a look...?

IMHO, Avast is probably the best free offering. Easy to install, setup and use. A good interface with some advanced settings.

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
ninebob said:

IMHO, Avast is probably the best free offering. Easy to install, setup and use. A good interface with some advanced settings.
Yup. I had AVG free before, and although I must admit I had no problems with it, I heard Avast recommended on another forum and took my recent re-format as an opportunity to change over. I'm very impressed, I prefer the interface, it updates it's definitions more regularly, etc.

In addition, as I mentioned, it's picked up (more than once) an attempt to send a virus by email (posing as "mailer-daemon" from my ISP). I'm starting to suspect this may have happened before and slipped through AVG's net, resulting in the need for the aforementioned re-format.

Avast can be downloaded free here:
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Back