B Grade Tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been told that I can get a B grade Random Orbital Sander which knocks off £40 from the price. I have been told that the tool is brand new and that its just the box (the cardboard) is damaged.

I am a little sceptical about this...

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Is it a refurb? Is the warranty still intact if its just cardboard damage?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
where are you buying it from, what make. you will have to ask about the warranty

I used to buy most of my tools as B grade black and decker.
Apparently people buy a drill from b&q on a Friday, put up shelve some on a weekend, and take it back on a Monday.

The tools all had a sticker on them ( generally no box) and had 12 months guarantee, having been looked at by being & d

Hi thanks for the reply's.

Its a Bosch Professional Random Orbital Sander.

So basically its either been used once or may have some minor cosmetic damage?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Possibly....

I also used to work in a place where we bought loads of Phillips audio stuff (1980's) and had dealer status
Every now and again we'd get offered a deal of boxed Bgrade stuff - 20 or so per bundle. I bought a ghetto blaster that still worked 30 years later.
Richer sounds often offer B grade

Ah right as my dad bought a TV from them and it was only missing two small screws and the box was a bit beaten so I presume this was B grade?

Its more that the tool is new and there is no damage to the box it comes in if it is just damage to the cardboard around the outside I am not fussed as this would be going in the bin anyway I just wanted to ensure that this would be pretty much what would be wrong with it and not a half smashed box or a none working machine etc.

Thanks

James

I buy a lot of my router cutters as B grade, just means damaging packaging.
If you look on the trend website they have A,B and c grade on their products c grade are generally customer returns

Ah right that makes me fee better then I wasn't sure if the guy was just after the sale or getting rid of dodgy stock. So I figured I would ask about and see what I could find out.

Thanks all

James

I understood that the ones returned faulty under warranty get fixed up, polished, and sold on. I bought one at a B&D service centre that way, they had a stack of tools.

I went through two cordless drills that were fine, as B grade, before moving to ryobi
My circular saw is still working after probably 20 years ( but prob less than 200 cuts?)

Cool thank you all for your replies. I went to the store and they shown me the damage on the cardboard and a few scuff marks on the actual plastic box, but other than that still fully sealed and opened in front of me and tested so all in all I cant complain one bit but I will certainly be looking at things b grade again now!

Thank You Again

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back