[b]Ideal Response 120 high flow Combi[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with the pressure in the system. When the burner is on the water pressure keeps rising until water leaks from the bottom and I have to manually switch it off. Then the pressure drops to below 0.5.

Any help or suggestions would be a great help.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
this is the dreaded response, if there is water leaking from the bottom, it could be the heat exchanger busted

We have an Ideal Response 100 and I think the best thing is to get a professional in who knows what they are talking about. Our expansion vessel went last year. We kept having to top the system up to 0.5bar and when the heating was on, it was rising to 3.2bar and water was leaking outside, not inside like yours. We do know our heat exchanger has seen better days and have been advised it's an expensive part compared to the original cost of the boiler and, therefore, a new boiler will be the best option. If it turns out to be the heat exchanger, I'd be interested to know in case we experience the same problems!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back