B&Q Deliveries?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know wether B&Q will deliver sheet materials to a flat a few floors up? I see they have a caveat for kerbside drop offs but it doesn't specify which items are handled that way. I would assume sheet materials are just the type of thing this would apply to so wonder if anyone knows for sure?

Sponsored Links
Officially they won't take material into a property and I think this policy was strengthened further after all the Covid -- most of the ones I've encountered like to dump and go. Recently had some plasterboard off them and it was damaged, and I had to convince them to take it back when I rejected it.

If you get a decent driver (or drivers) I've bunged them some beer money and they've gladly helped out. Depends what mood they're in!

Serious question: Have you checked if the material you want to order will actually go up the stairs, or in the lift? On many apartment blocks the lifts are too small to accommodate an 8 x 4ft (2440 x 1220mm) sheet of anything, and taking them up a staircase with half landings and fire doors can be a nightmare even with two of you. I once reboarded half of a new build student apartment which had had a fire (so we had to strip out and replace all the boards in 2 rooms). The only way to get the sheets upstairs was to measure up and cut the sheets to size on the ground floor then hand ball them to the 4th floor (the lift was deemed out of bounds by the buiilding management). There were 80 sheets, so it took a while and I had two labourers quit on me

Sponsored Links
No worries i totally hear you and it's the very reason this favour has been on the back burner for a while. I'm only speculating at the moment but as i have seen they do an 1800 high board (drywall) it'd probably work but i know as you say for a lot of access you are royally fcked for anything in 8x4!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back