B & Q Flexible Cable Safety Notice and Other Recalls

There's also a rather 'odd' result if you use the 'toys' filter in a search (page 2)! :oops:

Sponsored Links
I was surprised to see so many electric vehicles listed, (Hoverboards etc) there is clearly nothing to stop a child using them at home, but I could not see my children being satisfied to use it in the garden, even a legal e-bike you need to be 14 years old to ride one on a public road, I was surprised to find technically the folding scooter I have, (no motor) is not legal as only has brakes on one wheel, wonder if allowed roller skates? But it seems authorities turn a blind eye if no motor.

So these toys can't be used on public spaces, so seems manufacturers think they can get away with anything.

So these toys can't be used on public spaces, so seems manufacturers think they can get away with anything.
I would have thought that products that have 'failings' which mean that they can result in harm would be just as much a 'problem' for the manufacturer whether the harm resulted from their use in private or public 'spaces', wouldn't they?

Kind Regards, John

Sorry my point is if some one is buying a produce they know should not be used, why would they take any notice of a danger notice, it is like a notice on a gun saying using this item can be fatal.

Sponsored Links
Sorry my point is if some one is buying a produce they know should not be used, why would they take any notice of a danger notice, it is like a notice on a gun saying using this item can be fatal.
OK - but if the 'danger notice' related to a recall because the batch in question had been found to have a fault which could result in the gun 'backfiring' and thereby injuring or killing the user, then perhaps they might 'take notice' of it?

Kind Regards John

i was thinking back a few years and wondering how many posts our old friend BAS would have put on this thread?

i was thinking back a few years and wondering how many posts our old friend BAS would have put on this thread?
Probably not as many, and not as many proposing 'draconian remedies', as in the recent thread about Amazon and eBay etc. :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back