Can you do it when you Q & B it ??

breezer said:
Eddie M said:
I believe breezers previous orange shed (if he's really is in luton) had to be demolished as it was subsiding, you'd have thought they'd have been able to fix it :LOL:

I am, and it did. not their fault.

When it was built, the building co, never gave it any support under the ground so the building was subsiding at one end. The new one is twice as big as the old one, and its 15 minutes walk away

We actualy have 2 b & Q's in Luton.

If you want to be really sad, i will post a picture of it

No, you're fine, ta. Only time I've ever venture to Luton is on an emergency screwfix run ;)

Sponsored Links
Latest update:

Marketing are dealing with it :eek: the store electrician is not permitted to touch the display boards :eek:

Sponsored Links
575 views so far. Glad to see it's getting some attention.

Another update;

Got a call from B&Q Kilmarnock on Thursday thanking me for making them aware of the situation.

They told me much the same as head office had told them, but I asked whether they would remove or cover the display until the situation was resolved, they wouldn't.

I asked why marketing had to deal with it, as the on-site B&Q sparky would be able to fix it. He still wasn't permitted to touch it, and maketing has a qualified electrician anyway. I pointed out he must need re-training to let work like that pass by (no answer).

So to sum up NO ACTION in store to protect the public.
:cry:
Quality :eek:

but did i not say
breezer said:
why should they care?

they only sell the kit, what the end user does with it is their problem. To them you are just a fly in the ointment :(

I know as responsable people we care, but joe blogs thinks that at a light switch is live and neutral, so they are not going to wory about things like grommets and earth

and

breezer said:
I wish you guys luck, i really do, but sheds are only in it for the money.

Very good quality pictures too

dont get me wrong, i just think you are flogging a dead horse.

we already know the instore electricians give wrong advice

Please seek professional advice or consult 'Part P' regulations

They may get out of it because of above(?)

baldelectrician
I didn't have the camera phone on me today but in the local (reading) B&Q they have removed the old display boards, when asked the young lad stacking the shelf said
" we got rid of the old ones as they had some faults that customers have been commenting on, so we've had these new 6'x4' signs/displays printed and erected as part of the store refurb. Go on tell me your an electrician whats wrong with them" all said with a wide grin

Ok only small things but ..... can you tell me why your picture and note says a kitchen ring has to be on the rcd side of a cu, but a kitchen radial does not.
Or why is there no mention of bonding on the picture and notes on how to wire a shower circuit.
Or why does that picture on how to wire circuits to a split load cu state connect cooker to non rcd side of cu, surely that depends on if a socket is on the ccu.

It got a chuckle
And still that I could see no mention of part P on any sign/display.

comms

it's a bit sad that they don't list part P in your local store in England (where it applies) ; but tell all and sundry about it in Scotland where it doesn't (and probably never will) apply.

I did notice the other boards, but didn't want the first post to turn into an epic.

My website has used 3 times more bandwidth this month than it usually does.

I live in Liverpool and there is a store in Speke Retail Park and its the same!!!! :eek: i look at the boards and i cringe with amazement on how wrong these are set out !! Im a electrical tested by trade and it gets me down how they can show this bad information and get away with it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back