Seeing as how you all like pictures so much

The purpose of the compound would be to completely water and moisture seal the terminations inside the conduit box. Without it you would be asking for trouble, if you choose a conduit box as your chosen termination box.
Internally he's used crimped connections so inspection isn't really required at that point in the future.

createthumb.asp

Protects electrical connections from moisture and corrosive vapours and is widely used in a variety of electrical applications including work on junction and conduit boxes.

It possesses good insulating properties and helps to prevent short circuits due to dampness.

It is non-hardening and does not shrink, crack or peel thereby allowing the compound to be readily removed and replaced safely by hand.

Sponsored Links
Because that was a convenient height for it to be - I've not experienced any problems with the lights switching off because of car headlamps.

What make phoocell is it.
Most decent ones have a delay time to prevent that.
The Merlin Gerin ones we use are 90 seconds.

Sponsored Links
It is that one - the time delay can be set to x hours (up to 8, IIRC), or no timed delay, just on until dawn. Even on the latter it doesn't mistake car headlights for dawn.

don't suppose you know the dimensions of that enclosure and where you got it from do you BAS? :D

looking for one to power all me pond lighting, pumps and shed.

It's a Sarel 83017 - 400 x 300 x 150 - £10 + £6 P&P on eBay, which is a pretty good price. They tend to come up fairly frequently.

oh and what would you have done holmslaw? looks professional to me.

If your referring to the red washers im pretty sure you will find they are ip sealing washers.
Used to use them at work between explosion proof glands and boxes so im pretty sure they are ideal for the job if we were required to use them in hazardous environments.

I preferred the siemens logo to any of the others, I haven't had a play about with the Zelio yet tho.
dsc00114ab3.jpg

oh and what would you have done holmslaw? looks professional to me.

If your referring to the red washers im pretty sure you will find they are ip sealing washers.
Used to use them at work between explosion proof glands and boxes so im pretty sure they are ideal for the job if we were required to use them in hazardous environments.
No - they are just regular fibre washers, but a gland screwed into a trouser box with nothing but a rough-cast face to bear down on didn't seem to be particularly sound, so I thought they would help.

I'm happy to be corrected, and helped to do a better job next time, so it would have been nice if holmslaw had said more than "Bad idea, incorrect product", and "Poor workmanship", but there you go....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back