B&Q New Returns Policy on Electrical Items - WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway guys I think that we are digressing a little. The point of this post was to highlight what appears to be a change in B&Q Returns Policy on electrical items and what the results of any tests they conduct mean to you. For example, what happens if your item has an intermittent fault that the store cannot reproduce!

Once I have a response from B&Q Head Office regarding this policy I’ll post it here.

you are not actually returning a faulty item as such
its a misdescribed item that is working as designed

Sponsored Links

You are missing the point. If it was a defective item and they can't reproduce the defect in-store as could be the case with an intermittent fault then what happens?

Before the introduction of this new policy they would have taken the Customer's word for it and provided the refund.

You are missing the point. If it was a defective item and they can't reproduce the defect in-store as could be the case with an intermittent fault then what happens?

Before the introduction of this new policy they would have taken the Customer's word for it and provided the refund.
consumer law says they must prove its working correctly if you return it within the first 6 months
as that will be impossible in a shop situation it will be cheaper to replace than send away for examination

Sponsored Links
I bought a Plumbsure shower at B & Queue last week. Fitted up and the valve was faulty. I emailed head office and asked if they could send me another valve. I was told that no spares were available as it was made in China. They told me to take it back to the store for a refund.

I took it back this morning (to a different branch) for a refund and the conversation went like this:

'Good morning'

(no reply)

'I would like a refund on this shower please'

'What's wrong with it?'

'One of the valves doesn't work'

'Has it been fitted?'

'No' (I lied)

'Cos if it's been fitted We can't take it back

(So how do I know that it is faulty if I don't try it FFS?)

'So how do you know that it is faulty if you havn't fitted it?'

'Because I am an installer and I know these things'

'Why have you returned it to a different store?'

'Because I am working in this area'

(Any more f****** questions?)

Whilst she was begrudgingly sorting out a refund, I told her that the shower was made in China and there were no spares available.

'That's not made in China.

'Yes it is'

'No it isn't, Im gonna check - Oh yes, so it is'.

I will seriously think twice about buying from B&Queue in future if that's how they are going to treat their customers.

Why can't you just say you changed your mind?

Why can't you just say you changed your mind?

I joined this site yesterday and started this thread. Today I found that my account had been "Disabled by the Administrator" and I have no idea why. I have had to create this new account so that I can continue to contribute to this thread.

Perhaps one of them works for B&Q and doesn't want this information getting too wide spread in the public domain ;)

joe-90 - B&Q do not operate a "No quibbly" returns policy so you are at their mercy unless the item you have bought fails the SMART standard which would be your first port of call when referring anything to the trading standards.

B&Spew seem to sell a lot of low quality products.

Many of their wallpapers and tiles have imperfections in them, timbers can often be unacceptably warped.

I once bought an angle grinder that burnt out after a couple of weeks. The store claimed I had been cutting paving stones with it -YES I had, that's the purpose of the purchase! Ah well these don't like the dust getting in the motor they said, so fit filters I retorted.

They exchanged the unit for a better quality one. Avoid their own brands.

Seemingly they are now selling even more s h 1 t.

Avoid the store all together?

My argument to them was that if it was working properly, it was not fit for purpose.

I bet they are still laughing their wot sits off !! :LOL:

Errrr nope. Still don't get it. Is this one of those strange things where you are given the punch line and have to work out the words to the joke?

You need to read the thread. Actually don't bother, ImayKnow lives on a different planet to the rest of us :LOL:

B&Spew seem to sell a lot of low quality products.

Many of their wallpapers and tiles have imperfections in them, timbers can often be unacceptably warped.

I once bought an angle grinder that burnt out after a couple of weeks. The store claimed I had been cutting paving stones with it -YES I had, that's the purpose of the purchase! Ah well these don't like the dust getting in the motor they said, so fit filters I retorted.

They exchanged the unit for a better quality one. Avoid their own brands.

Seemingly they are now selling even more s h 1 t.

Avoid the store all together?

I agree, avoid them.

They still haven't even acknowledged my email (which started this thread off)!

I joined this site yesterday and started this thread. Today I found that my account had been "Disabled by the Administrator" and I have no idea why. I have had to create this new account so that I can continue to contribute to this thread.

Don't worry about it. It's not personal. They've been deleting several threads of late for no apparent reason - and reasons are never given of course.

It's becoming a bit of a lottery as to whether the thread you contributed to today will still be there tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back