B&Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heard a few lads on here saying about advice from the guys at b&Q seems like there getting a lot of stick for nothing i would just like to point out i have been in my field for many years and now work for Kingfisher Group as a building expert with not bad pay also like to add they gave me a job after an accident i thought my days of trade were at an end not only that i work with some clearly great tradesmen that do b&Q as a sideline because they have made there money on the tools and do it as a hobby to keep out the road of the mrs just stating fact guys.

Sponsored Links
With the amount of stores and people some will give sound advice some will tell you rubbish that is the same in all trades/shops/business.

Unfortunately people tend to make more noise about bad advice and service than good. So any bad feedback on here doesn’t say all are bad.

I think the stat is 1 in 10 will shout about good service and give good feedback.

9 in 10 will shout about bad service and give bad feedback.

Sorry I'm new on the forum should have stated i had been looking at other comments.

Sponsored Links
Could you translate that into something more legible please?

No need to be so harsh on the man! My dad, while a clever man, cannot easily put down his thoughts/words to pen/keyboard.

I completely understand what Neil is saying and agree with lamchamps. I know a couple of ex-contractors who had retired and spent some years of their retirement working in Homebase or B&Q. They may have looked amateur in their orange/gree aprons, but they were guys who started as apprentices in the '60s, worked their way up to become senior electrical/building contractors and really know their stuff!

It's like anywhere - Halfords, B&Q, Jewsons, etc. - there will be newbies and pros working there.

Ive often though about going to do something like that when I “retire”.
They ought to have different uniforms for ex-tradesmen - or some lapels or something :)

I have been in my local store and the guy in the paints dept was useless.
So although there "may" be some very knowledgeable people working there, there are also some very un knowledgeable people working there.
It's a minimum wage job, not something you train for many years for so I don't expect an expert to assist me.

On this Forum there are conflicting posts and advice from Experts on the best way of carrying out DIY Projects

sounds like spam for b&q. the few times ive used them the experts talked rubbish for massive rubbish prices. screwfix is the same an getting worse by the visit.
anyhow theyll all be losing business oor going broke soon to amazon.
i read amazon are trying out 1hour delivery. the gaffer will be calling come on lads unload the drone.

Sponsored Links
Back