back boiler explosion

Sponsored Links
Worked in a house that this had happened to the women, she had black stains on her face ten years later from the soot and burns she got .
Told me bits of boiler had embeded themselves 6 inches deep into the wall behind her, one lucky woman.

Always remove or smash a hole in old coal back boilers you never know what has been done by someone else

Must be a coincidence that some of the worst situations I have ever seen where in housing association properties. Private landlords get nailed if they get caught but social housing organisations seem to be able to get away with murder. Possibly literally in this case

Sponsored Links
It is sad as she had just had the chimney swept and checked prior to reinstating the coal fire, all by the book.

Must be a coincidence that some of the worst situations I have ever seen where in housing association properties. Private landlords get nailed if they get caught but social housing organisations seem to be able to get away with murder. Possibly literally in this case
guess why.......cuz they sacked all the direct employed trades years ago :rolleyes: "competitive tendering"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back