deaths point to boiler

[quote="JohnDBut one ignorant housholder who kills himself (or sadly his family) is not a public menace in the same way as a cowboy who goes to a hundred different homes in a year sowing seeds of death and destruction.[/quote]

Well, it can't be the householder who was in police custody, he was on the news standing across the road crying over his uninsured ex-house

Sponsored Links
( Dave looks through his posts quickly )

Any work i do on combustion is slated by engineers and way beyond DIYers.

I have the ability to work safe because I understand the job i do. Dont confuse my technical talk with free advise given to NRGI.

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
( Dave looks through his posts quickly )

Any work i do on combustion is slated by engineers and way beyond DIYers.

I have the ability to work safe because I understand the job i do. don't confuse my technical talk with free advise given to NRGI.

David

Sorry Soggy, but my comment was said in jest!

As for your comment regarding free advise given to NRGI, you have lost me. :confused:

relating to this subject ...i have a device plugged into the mains electric, which is supposed to detect carbon monoxide.The question is how long do these things last for ? it's been there for the last two years with it's little green light,instructions say that it will turn red with an audibul alarm if carbon monoxide is detected...but theres no mention of the life span..

vokera.

it's life jim,but not as we know it.......

Sponsored Links
Sorry mate, cant help you there, been mains fed.

Is there any manufactures phone numbers, or web site address.

Never really thought of that on one . Good question.

Dave.

IMHO, CO detectors WHEN INSTALLED WITH ROOM-SEALED APPLIANCES are misleading and increase risk. (When there's an open-flue appliance, that's a different matter, although the question should really be: 'Should I scrap this appliance?'

I have NEVER come across a 'genuine positive' from such a detector EXCEPT in the case of an open flue. But I have come across several 'false positives', in one case where Transco had capped the whole supply 'just in case' although judging by the comment on the jobsheet, the tech actually thought the problem was the detector! Anyway, it left the house without heat, hot water or means of cooking until I could test everything and turn it back on.

And what about detectors which don't work correctly or at all, and lull users into a false sense of security? How many of these? Absolutely no idea!

Agile said:
Unfortunately there are several regulars here, not usually the CORGI ones, who insist on giving advice to DIYers on repairs to combustion related aspects of boilers including the positive pressure case models. They hide behind aliases and keep their identities well hidden!
Care to get specific Agile?

corgiman said:
I dont remember giving any dangerous advice at anytime

Hope I have not :eek:

personally If I have I wiull blame kev and softus for putting me wrong
Whoa there cm - blaming me for what here exactly?

I was kidding softus

I really was dont panic ;)

ok I will just blame kev that ok for you LMAO :LOL:

Seriously I have not seen a RGI give any advice that I would consider dangerous to a DIYer on this site.

I have seen more arguments between the groups when we say DONT, as the diyers dont believe us

Let this be a lesson it IS seriously dangerous to muck about with gas

corgiman said:
I was kidding softus

I really was dont panic ;)
8)

corgiman said:
ok I will just blame kev that ok for you LMAO :LOL:
You're kidding again - right?

corgiman said:
Seriously I have not seen a RGI give any advice that I would consider dangerous to a DIYer on this site.
I concur. But Agile was referring to non-RGIs, I believe.

corgiman said:
I have seen more arguments between the groups when we say DONT, as the diyers dont believe us
Oh my word, yes indeedy, yes sirree :eek:

Man Charged Over Three Deaths

A 49-year-old man has been charged with manslaughter after a woman and two young brothers were found dead in a house.

Atalokhia Omo-Bare, unemployed, of Marson House, Provost Estate, Islington, north London, will appear before Barking magistrates.

He is charged with three counts of manslaughter and two counts of grievous bodily harm at the address in Alderman Avenue, Barking, east London.

The bodies of the woman, in her 30s, and the two brothers, aged three and 18 months, were discovered on Friday.

Two women were taken in a critical condition to an east London hospital. Their condition is described as "serious but stable''.

Inquiries into the deaths initially centred on the possibility that they may have been caused by a faulty boiler.

Its difficult to immagine how this situation could have been mis diagnosed as carbon monoxide poisoning.

"A post-mortem examination suggested the woman may have been poisoned by carbon monoxide - more tests are being done"

Seems CO was to blame

How sad....poor kids..(i have young ones).

if he is to blame they should string him up

:rolleyes:

I edit this myself as I dont think my intial reply was in accordance with a grown up and sensible site.

I apologise

feel free, lor, to list out the reckless and dangerous advise that you seem to think That I had forced apon the site, I would be interested to seem these posts as i can but learn from them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back