CO death from faulty boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/5202976.stm

It is obviously something we are deeply saddened by that, for a company that campaigns about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, something like this has happened in one of our own customer's homes

British Gas

The CPS has decided not to prosecute due to lack of evidence!

Doesn't exactly send out the right message for dodgy gas work does it?

Sponsored Links
cucumber said:
Story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/5202976.stm

It is obviously something we are deeply saddened by that, for a company that campaigns about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, something like this has happened in one of our own customer's homes

British Gas

The CPS has decided not to prosecute due to lack of evidence!

Doesn't exactly send out the right message for dodgy gas work does it?

YES but its british gas isant it they can get away with murder if that was joe smiths heating and plumbing they would see him hung drawn and quartered, its all about corruption.

This was raised in another thread a few below at the mo:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54472

I'm a little surprised/annoyed thet there was no prosecution for "lack of evidence". Ok there can be "accidents", but someone died here. If it happens to me I hope I can afford BG's defence team...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a ruling that nobody should maintain a particular type/model of appliance unless they are specifically trained to do so, sooner or later. Some manufacturers are leaning that way, one way or another.

Now consider what they would do with a single RGI !

Its very common for larger orgasations to get away with murder because several people are involved and it becomes difficult to pin anybody down.

BG would have sent several engineers there and they will all give different stories of what they did.

Similarly the Police are to be considered for prosecution over the shooting of the Brazillian but not the individual people involved.

Yet another reason why the individual has to work to a higher standard than BG.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know the cause?, is this the incident where the guys laying loft insulation pulled the flue out or am I getting mixed up. Just because the cps cannot do anything does not mean the hse will not be battering everyone who has ever been and sizing up their million pound fines.

ahhh that explains why we used to be called out to fit the gas valves for them.....

i take it they have all had specific training now, cause as of about may they have returned to setting them up themselves again....

POWERMAX 185 SAID BY ...... KEVINGAS
IN ANOTHER THREAD.

first these units are serviced correctly very rarely
secondly the burner gasket has to be replaced EVERYTIME it is serviced on several occasssions the new gaskets have not sealed correctly and the noise is air being sucked in to the burner chamber
the BG idiots don't know what they are doing with these units if they are sticking a tube in the top!
SAID...... KEVINGAS

MAKES ME VERY WORRIED ABOUT THESE SO CALLED DOG,S B..OLLACKS COMPANY BRITISH GAS THIS IS VERY INTRESTING MAYBE I SHOULD SEND THIS OFF TO THE HSE AND THE PARENTS OF THE GIRL WHO DIED.

BOB.DOLE said:
the BG idiots don't know what they are doing with these units if they are sticking a tube in the top!

Depends what you are checking for, may well have been running a gas sniffer around the valve...same unit and same probe.

Could have been a digi manometer measuring those fractions of a millibar?

For info sampling point on a powermax is right at bottom on sump you just need to take out an m6 pozidrive screw

weareleeds said:
For info sampling point on a powermax is right at bottom on sump you just need to take out an m6 pozidrive screw

on a 185 it is but it is at the top on a 155 as is the burner head ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back