deaths point to boiler

Sponsored Links
I dont need to be reminded!

Unfortunately there are several regulars here, not usually the CORGI ones, who insist on giving advice to DIYers on repairs to combustion related aspects of boilers including the positive pressure case models. They hide behind aliases and keep their identities well hidden!

I have previously pointed out this problem to the site owner because a serious accident or fatality could involve a claim on him if the illegal gas work causing the problem resulted from advice given here. He does not seem to be concerned though!

Note in that reported case, a man has been arrested for manslaughter! Are any regulars missing from here?

Tony

Agile said:
I dont need to be reminded!

Unfortunately there are several regulars here, not usually the CORGI ones, who insist on giving advice to DIYers on repairs to combustion related aspects of boilers including the positive pressure case models. They hide behind aliases and keep their identities well hidden!

I have previously pointed out this problem to the site owner because a serious accident or fatality could involve a claim on him if the illegal gas work causing the problem resulted from advice given here. He does not seem to be concerned though!

Note in that reported case, a man has been arrested for manslaughter! Are any regulars missing from here?

Tony

I did post this news in General chat and was interested to see what the non-corgi diy'er got to say about this but the topic is now locked here, hmmm, gone quiet around here :LOL:

They hav'nt disclosed whether this was diy or not.

But agree with you Tony.

Sponsored Links
check my posts Tony!

No advise on combustion ever given from the orange black and white corner!

David

I dont remember giving any dangerous advice at anytime

Hope I have not :eek:

personally If I have I wiull blame kev and softus for putting me wrong

"I fell in wif a bad croud yer honour they lead me astray"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nor me, "Well at least i bloody hope not "!!!!! ( Dave looks through his posts quickly ) :oops:

Perhaps it was caused by a diyer who was given no advise and succeeded to muddle his way through to cause a dangerous situation through lack of knowledge. There is no problem whatsoever in giving people the facts they require as long as you don't encourage them to do the work. The information is freely available in a multitude of publications which as far as I'm aware are not covered by the official corgi secrets act. Presumably it is pure speculation as to who carried out the work, or is it now a fact that it was diy?

As iv probably said before " a little knowledge is dangerous".

Thinking of the man who was recently prosecuted for non-compliant electrical work recently, it was a "professional" (=paid) person who left the installation in a very dangerous state, and had a history of unsafe work.

It would be harder to prosecute a well-meaning householder who made a mistake.

The bottom line is, the powers to be get more publicity if they prosecute a profession person. :mad:

CorgiIOW said:
The bottom line is, the powers to be get more publicity if they prosecute a profession person. :mad:

But one ignorant housholder who kills himself (or sadly his family) is not a public menace in the same way as a cowboy who goes to a hundred different homes in a year sowing seeds of death and destruction.

pierrot said:
No not I said the spider to the fly. Especially not on gas safety related issues.

If i think hard there is some truth in that, i used to work for one such firm.

They shall remain nameless, but the stuff this guy has done beggars belive, and all he seems to get is a slap on the risk and told to correct it.

More money for Corgi in registrations, comes to mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back