Possible boiler fault

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I disconnected the boiler in that factory as it was a fire risk.

The guy said to me I knew nothing and would find someone to reconnect.

Wonder who that was eh?

probably one of the guys in the factory

apolpogies for posting twice

Computer error on my part

Dave

I disconnected the boiler in that factory as it was a fire risk.

The guy said to me I knew nothing and would find someone to reconnect.
You need to get in first and inform the Police and Fire Brigade of what you found and what you did. I hope you have paperwork to back your story up.

If what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, the occupier's and owner's insurance companies won't pay them a penny.

Sponsored Links
If what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, the occupier's and owner's insurance companies won't pay them a penny.

Wow!

You are jumping to unfounded conclusions here! This is a paper processing plant and a wilful employee or ex-employee is much more likely to have been involved. I have yet to be called to a boiler which caught fire!

The only case in which the insurers might not indemnify the insured would be IF the fire was as a direct consequence of illegally reconnecting the boiler.

Nevertheless, Dave should immediately contact the Police, Fire Brigade and the HSE in order to ensure that his evidence ( not his stories! ) is first in the queue in the unlikely event that it is relevant to the cause of the fire.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back