1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Strike one for the little guys

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by sooey, 28 Apr 2010.

1. ollski

ollski

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think with a quick scout around the tariffs of all the major suppliers you'll find bg around the cheapest and none of the foreign johnnies are investing a damn thing to secure a GB sourced energy supply.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sometimes I wonder if BG intentionally aim to engage less clever people because they think that with their repair prompting lap-top programs thats all they need and having less real diagnostic skills will make it more difficult for them to become self employed.

Tony

4. heatserve

heatserve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm not serious :)

5. DeltaT

DeltaT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Why are you calling me a 'white van man'?? I'm the CEO of a large Bona Fide company, that employs a number of RGIs on our books, many of whom are far better qualified in all types of work, than a BG CPS parts changer.

We have a very large customer base & are taking customers from BG on a daily basis as a result of their poor service & poorly trained staff.

6. DeltaT

DeltaT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh that's clearly the case T, just read some of the stuff on here or in the CC to confirm that!

7. Sponsored Links
  8. namsag

namsag

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Your so right there delta some of the basics that is asked in the CC is embarrassing to the industry.
    Oh yeah its a majority of independents who have never worked for bg that is asking them.

9. DeltaT

DeltaT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Speaking as someone that has employed former BG staff - but only for a very short time!! I can assure you, there's nothing these chaps could teach anyone in the industry.

10. namsag

namsag

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So you dont think that numpties that get found out in one company and shoot the crow dont seek out a company that will match there ability hence why you see so many.

11. donglebang

donglebang

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    shoot the crow ????never heard of it sorry

12. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local