Bad door planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These two doors in a newly built house have been placed poorly, in that each door will hit the other at some point.
What you see in the picture is a couple of door stops recently put down but not screwed down thankfully but neither of them help with stopping them hitting each other.

Does anyone have any ideas how to rectify this as with these currently as you see them would be aswell not being there.

Incidentally the developer was made aware of this door issue, I'm surprised they didn't notice this themselves, just one of the many snags we've found.

The door to the left and door above both open outwards.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why won't the forums app let me post a picture, do they have to be a certain size?

Have posted it successfully, wooo hooo

Last edited:
Was too large, had to crop it and use web version of forum.
_20180815_213855.JPG

Oh my, that looks like poor design!

Make one of the doors open into the other room?

Unfortunately that ain't possible as there's a staircase in the cupboard to the left, sorry I should have called it that, one on the right is a door to the lounge.

That's probably the easiest as you're just removing the door, architrave, door lining and turning it around (assuming it comes out in tact; else fit new one). If you're careful you might get away with minor touching up to the decoration.

Other way is to move one of the doors further up a wall.

That's probably the easiest as you're just removing the door, architrave, door lining and turning it around (assuming it comes out in tact; else fit new one). If you're careful you might get away with minor touching up to the decoration.

Other way is to move one of the doors further up a wall.
We'll be speaking to the site manager as quite frankly I'm dumbfounded as to how this was allowed to happen in the first place.

Yeah, i wouldn't be happy with that. Can see an accident there, someone's getting the door bounce back into their face!

I guess there are other houses like yours around you? Are their doors setup the same way?

What makes matters worse however is the placement on that image of where they have placed the door stops and considering there were none prior to noticing the issue.

Btw, they haven't screwed them down which I'm glad about as they'd be useless, there appears to be a gell like substance underneath them but isn't a glue.

Yeah, i wouldn't be happy with that. Can see an accident there, someone's getting the door bounce back into their face!

I guess there are other houses like yours around you? Are their doors setup the same way?
Funny you should say that as I was only saying a couple of minutes ago that we'll speak to the only other type of house which is the same as ours as there's a few different names across the development.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back