1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Badly fitted Worcester Bosch Greenstar oil boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Dave197616, 22 Jul 2021.

1. Dave197616

Dave197616

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have recently had my old oil boiler replaced with a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heat Slave 18/25 Oil combi boiler.

It works fine however as you will see from the attached photos the flu pipe does not appear to be fitted correctly to the top of the boiler housing.

This leaves a gap right around the flu pipe. I have googled the same picture and none I have found have the gap which I believe is called the fire stop plate.

The top of the boiler is also dented or dipped and again this shows on the photos.

As the boiler is in my kitchen I am not happy at all every time I enter the kitchen and cast my eyes on these faults.

I emailed the company and as I did not initially receive a reply decided to email Worcester Bosch.

They replied by sayng that as it was not a boiler fault and would be classed as a fitting issue then I would need to retry contacting the installers.

Eventually they contacted me and sent the original fitter around who after checking stated that it was all fitted correctly.
    IMG-20210722-WA0003.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0002.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0001.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0000.jpg
    As I am not a heating engineer I would value any advise on this as I would like more information etc before contacting the company again.

Thanks in advance

Dave

2. Sponsored Links
  3. martyndc88

martyndc88

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks like it's open flued. Probably goes up your old chimney? In that case it looks correct.

4. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks more like vertical balanced flue, but still O.K.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dave197616

Dave197616

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Many thanks for your replies. Although you have said the boiler is fitted Ok could they not put some sort of sleeve around the flu pipe to make it look better or would this not be possible. Also is it normal that the top of the boiler wood of been bent and dented when fitted. Thanks again for your good advice

6. Terrywookfit

Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If the flue pipe was fitted centrally it would help

7. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No, it shouldn’t be dented.

8. Sponsored Links