Badly fitted Worcester Bosch Greenstar oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently had my old oil boiler replaced with a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heat Slave 18/25 Oil combi boiler.

It works fine however as you will see from the attached photos the flu pipe does not appear to be fitted correctly to the top of the boiler housing.

This leaves a gap right around the flu pipe. I have googled the same picture and none I have found have the gap which I believe is called the fire stop plate.

The top of the boiler is also dented or dipped and again this shows on the photos.

As the boiler is in my kitchen I am not happy at all every time I enter the kitchen and cast my eyes on these faults.

I emailed the company and as I did not initially receive a reply decided to email Worcester Bosch.

They replied by sayng that as it was not a boiler fault and would be classed as a fitting issue then I would need to retry contacting the installers.

Eventually they contacted me and sent the original fitter around who after checking stated that it was all fitted correctly.
IMG-20210722-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210722-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210722-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210722-WA0000.jpg

As I am not a heating engineer I would value any advise on this as I would like more information etc before contacting the company again.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies. Although you have said the boiler is fitted Ok could they not put some sort of sleeve around the flu pipe to make it look better or would this not be possible. Also is it normal that the top of the boiler wood of been bent and dented when fitted. Thanks again for your good advice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back