Badly vibrating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. We recently had a new combi boiler put in, and everything is fine so far. Except every now and then the pipe work in the bathroom (so bath room Rad and waste pipe that goes down through kitchen ) start vibrating a hell of a lot and make a huge racket. This pipeworkl wasnt touched in the boiler switch except to flush the Rad. The first time i had a ook at it the Rad thermostat was on full and tight, so I turned it downa bit and the vibrating stopped - but teh a few days later it started again.

Has anyoen got a clue what could be causing this please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The radiator valve that you turned down which stopped the vibrating will need replacing,im guessing its a Trv type with the 0 to 5 setting on?They do get problems occasionally but it is rare in my experiance.

The radiator valve that you turned down which stopped the vibrating will need replacing,im guessing its a Trv type with the 0 to 5 setting on?They do get problems occasionally but it is rare in my experiance.

yes it is a 0-5 one. What would have caused this to happen all of a sudden?

Sponsored Links
After fitting the new combi it may be that ch water is now flowing round your system in reverse.(What did it replace) It may be a TRV which is unidirectional and the valve is now chattering.

A combi replacement,so its entirely possible flow is reversed.Not a problem.Change the trv if the water flows against the directional arrow.It is possible to reverse the valve and have the head horizontal,space and connections permitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back