Bah/shower and aqua panel question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Fitting a new bathroom - I'm doing all the really dirty work, and my plumber pal is doing all the clever stuff, but I have a question regarding aquapanel.

We're putting a bath with shower over in, the room has one block external wall, another block wall separating it from the garage and two stud walls. The bath is on the two block walls and one stud wall.

Both block walls are cavity walls, and the inner block is thermalite.

I only want to tile over the bath, not the entire bathroom.

The previous bathroom was fitted by dumb and dumber inc, with three layers of tiles, so just by knocking this off, my bathroom is an inch or so bigger!

I was intending to knock all the plaster off the walls over the bath to get back to the thermalite block, and fix aquapanel directly to the block with screws. The rest of the room would be skimmed. Studs not above the bath would take regular plasterboard (perhaps moisture resistant).

The walls not above the bath (the ones that will be skimmed) will be painted and not tiled, but clearly there will be a transition from aqua panel to plasterboard - I think this will be overlapped by tiles by a small margin, but am not sure if this is OK? The shower end will have a fixed shower screen, so water shouldn't get the wrong side of that.

Any advice? Does this all sound Ok?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back