Balance flue regs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm might be getting a gas fire with a balance flue.

Can some body please tell me what the requirements are for the flue outlet & its output is 7KW does it require a room vent?

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
No vent required, as it is balanced flue it draws its combustion air from outside.

As its balanced flue, the fire should be room sealed i would have thought so additional ventilation would not normally be required but check with M.I's as these always set the precident.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes it will be connected by a gas fitter but I'm just trying to find what are the regs regarding the actuall flue outlet ie height from floor/windows ect.

Manufacturers installation instruction will tell you this, but the british standard is 5440 part 1 also see part 2
if the flue is to come out in a position where it could be touched then you will need a flue guard (looks like a chip pan basket)

Providing input is not above 7kw.
The usual distances are
300mm from an opening horizontally,
300mm under an opening ,
300mm above an opening ,
600mm from an internal or external corner.

But you say the output is 7kw
so some of those distances change
600mm below an opening
400mm from opening horizontally.

And if under a carport 1200mm from any opening on any on both outputs

guard required if terminal is less than 2metres from ground or balcony level. With minimum 50mm gap all around it

But manufacturers instructions over rule all distances

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back