Balanced flue metal grill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler in a property who's flue vents out of the wall onto a public pathway at about 2.3 m off the ground. The fitters who put it in have just done a sevice 12 months and state that the flue ( plastic ) should be covered with a metal grill. If this the case any why. They fitted it 12 months ago but did not put a gril over it then. Regards Peter

Sponsored Links
I was told by an RGI that a terminal guard is required if the flue is 2 metres or less from the ground. Perhaps someone else could confirm this as I'm not an RGI myself?

Yes the terminal needs a guard (wire cage) over it if its less than 2m from the ground OR if it is in a position where it is likely for someone to be able to touch it - such as next to stairs etc...

Given that its over the 2m guideline - is there something else nearby that they could be concerned with?

Sponsored Links
not a requirement but good practise to fit a guard if it might be damaged, perhaps by a ball or vandalism if the terminal is over a walk way or communal area, but it is only mandatory if the bottom of the flue is under 2m from the ground or could be touched by someone going up adjacent stairs etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back