Balanced flue only reasonable option?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi advice required please

I have a living room that requires a fire- there is no chimney breast - no outside wall apart from a 2ft stretch in the corner. The room above is a bedroom.

The only wall that I can put a fire on backs onto the garage, through a 300mm thick cavity wall.

I dont ideally want to go down the flueless route, so I guess I am stuck with a balanced flue system where I could use a 45 degeree bend and then vent through the garage roof at a height of about 11 foot. However I can only find a few companys that do this type and the prices are extortionate 2-3 k just for fire.

Is there any other option you folks can think of? (Not an electric fire cheers) appreciated,

All the best

Sponsored Links
Air con unit. About £500-600 off ebay heating and cooling
and more economical than a gas fire to run.

Big radiator and a TV playing a log fire dvd.

Sponsored Links
I mentione the TV and log fire TV to this missus she said....not festive things! The selling of the house also got the festive thumbs down!

The air con has raised another issue.....now she wants that in the bedroom! Even tho the windows open perfectley well....

Tskkk might have a beer and think about it.

Cheers for the replies!....just thought how is santa going to get in? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back