Ballustrade kits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at replacing a stud wall up the stairs with a ballustrade kit from Screwfix. I need a 3.5m run up the stairs and a 2m return along the landing. With all the bits I need; ballustrades, newel posts, ball caps etc etc it's coming in at around £400 but I'm wondering if:

a) are the Screwfix kits any good?

b) are there many alternatives? (Possibly cheaper?) I've looked all over but I'm not having a huge amount of luck.

c) roughly how long does replacing these walls with ballustrades normally take? Are we talking a couple of days or more like a whole week?! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

The main reason I was going to go for Screwfix is that it's a complete kit with everything ready to go. I'm guessing that it's already got the angles cut etc.

It just seemed like an easy one-stop-shop type of thing. I'll check out the local timber merchants though, might be better if I can get it cheaper even if it does mean travelling. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back