Bamboo Plank Floor Scratches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just layed a Nicoline bamboo plank floor in our new kitchen. It has scratched and dented very easily. Is it possible to easily sand it and apply some good varnish, I was thinking of the Ronseal Diamondhard. If so, what grade of sandpaper would you use on the sander?

Sponsored Links
How can it dent so easily? Bamboo is tougher than Oak.
Reading their website, Nicoline Bamboo comes with 25 years guarantee. Back to the shop with a complaint I would suggest.

Thanks for reply woodyoulike. I have dropped a couple of items on the floor during construction of the kitchen which have easily dented the flooring, they would have done no damage to the laminate I have down elsewhere. I bought the flooring nearly a year ago from Makro, and taking it up is not an option as it goes under cabinets. It was scratched when I slid the fridge in on an mdf board. I do not think now that I can revarnish woithout a complete sand down. I may just polish out the deep scratches and see what wear continues over time. Can you recommend a brand of laminate for the rest of the downstairs area that would give the best protection against wear, as I am now pessimistic about using wood for the completion of our project over carpet.

Sponsored Links
No sorry Bandit. We're into Natural Wooden Flooring (hardwood) and we don't have laminated flooring, so it's hard to recommend any brand for us.
Various hardwood types are very tough, like Lapacho (Ipe, Greanheart) which has a Brinell of almost 8 (versus Oak of 3.8), maybe worth considering?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back