Ban-all-sheds manufacturing division?

Should there not be a fibre washer between gland and box? Sure I needed one with EX stuff?
And steel with EX stuff seems wrong. Can cause sparks? Also problem with electrolysis with brass to steel.

Sponsored Links
Should there not be a fibre washer between gland and box?
04galvbox2r.jpg

There's a stripper and a crimper on ebay for a fiver at the moment. (but you'd need to check it's a 20mm crimper)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICC-PYRO-STR...H_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item415971c9b3[/QUOTE]
Hmm - that's not so bad.

Quick search shows others at reasonable prices, and glands too.

Might watch for a while to see if cable bargains ever crop up. If the ends have been left exposed, but assuming it's not actually been left out in the rain, how far along would moisture be likely to have travelled?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Might watch for a while to see if cable bargains ever crop up. If the ends have been left exposed, but assuming it's not actually been left out in the rain, how far along would moisture be likely to have travelled?

200mm max even if its been left open for many months I'm lead to beleive

Sponsored Links
I was told a foot iirc, although the only real way to tell was to strip from either end and have the IR tester on it periodically.

Well - I'll worry about that if I ever see any.

Using pyro was something that interested me, and I knew that the cable itself wasn't the cheapest around, but having looked into exactly how not cheap it is :eek: I doubt I'll be having a go.

Well - I'll worry about that if I ever see any.

Using pyro was something that interested me, and I knew that the cable itself wasn't the cheapest around, but having looked into exactly how not cheap it is :eek: I doubt I'll be having a go.

If you're ever passing Leeds, give me a shout and I'll cut you a few meters off for you to have a go with.

I'll be using it for the internal wiring of a shed^H^H^H^H wooden garden outbuilding.

It doesn't need to be done in Pyro, but as I fancied having a go, I might as well use it for something real.

Unless of course I find that my best efforts end up looking like a microbore plumbing system designed by Heath Williams..... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back