Is BAS still around?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been looking at recent threads on this section of the forum and came to notice that BAS / Ban All Sheds is no longer arround?

What happened and when did he go?

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
He's over on the Screwfix forums (assuming it's the same ban all sheds), though some say that one particular nit-picking and argumentative current poster on this forum is the new incarnation of BAS. Who knows! ;)

Just been looking at recent threads on this section of the forum and came to notice that BAS / Ban All Sheds is no longer arround? What happened and when did he go?
He left, seemingly voluntarily, because of an ongoing dispute with Admin and Mods. His last post can be found (here) .

Kind Regards, John

... some say that one particular nit-picking and argumentative current poster on this forum is the new incarnation of BAS. Who knows! ;)
[I hope you're not talking about me :) ]

I very much doubt it. His views, beliefs, 'pet topics' and principles are so strong, and his style so recognisable, that I don't think he could behave in a semi-incognito fashion without becoming unbelievably frustrated!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
He's over on the Screwfix forums (assuming it's the same ban all sheds), though some say that one particular nit-picking and argumentative current poster on this forum is the new incarnation of BAS. Who knows! ;)
I don’t that’s the original BAS. The new screwfixbas has a few things that he always comments on. These include the use of sockets on lighting circuits, SMPS being described as transformers and that manufacturer’s instructions and (often) the regs are wrong.
That MO doesn’t fit with the BAS style, but it’s a fit for another famous face on this forum!
PS After only a few months the screwfixbas has already had a week’s suspension for misdemeanours!

It should be pointed out that Screwfix Peter is a vile and abhorrent excuse for a so-called leaders moderator though, defending his pet idiots and punishing good posters. (Not referring to Winston.) I no longer spend money in Screwfix owing to the actions of this staff member.

What happened and when did he go?

He was rude to me a few times when I was new and was the reason why I left as I wasn't prepared to put up with the attitude while I was at college and trying to pick the brains on here.
Not good for the future of the forum as I otherwise appreciate the level of knowledge in this group.

He left, seemingly voluntarily, because of an ongoing dispute with Admin and Mods. His last post can be found (here) .

And this is the reason why I returned when I dropped in one day and read that post. That's why there's a gap of a year or two of me being on here.

Unfortunately his rudeness and insults have far been surpassed by many that are still here now.

Unfortunately his rudeness and insults have far been surpassed by many that are still here now.
Although there clearly are some ongoing issues, I wouldn't personally go that far since, in terms of 'rudeness and insults', it would be hard to surpass him. The sad thing, of course (at least in my opinion), is that he had an awful lot to offer the forum and its members, if only he could have found a way to do it pleasantly (and I certainly would not say that of any of the annoying people who are still around here).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back