Who is ban-all-sheds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The guy is a troll. If he were to be so civil as to submit an reasonable answer to questions or not answer at all it would make a better forum. Instead of injecting bitterness and bigotry! :(
The way BAS answers the queries of others suggests he is unfortunately a "small man".

Happy New Year to all the trades on DIYnot! :D

I don't give a toss who banallsheds is, I know what he is........a fcking idiot who thinks everyone wh doesn't share his views is a murdering racist scumbag. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is B-A-S a real person? Based on the almost immediate, standardised and often slightly out of context responses to certain key trigger words ("downlights", "part p", "high integrity" etc) I was convinced 'B-A-S' was merely an evolution of the Unix ELIZA program. I'm not certain he passes the Turing test...

He seems to know a lot about electrics.
Is he a retired spark or just a keyboard spark?
He posted images of some of his electrical installation work online once and took a battering from other members as it was sub-standard.
Something like a weekend diyer would do. Who served his time stacking shelves at tescos.

Only worse.

BAS is the son of a Jewish asylum seeker, and so he thinks that anyone that questions immigration policy is a racist. He stays out of GD cuz he knows I'll kick his sorry ass (as usual). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Joe - the day that I worry about what a sad loser with significantly sub-normal intelligence like you thinks about me is the day they can take me away.

You're a known holocaust denier, and a prime example of the sort of stinking scum who do so much damage to the image of this site on GD.

What I quoted was a direct quote from yourself. They were YOUR words - not mine. So that must make YOU a racist then. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMO anyone who uses the term "son of a Jewish asylum seeker" as a way of putting someone else down is a racist.

It was a direct quote from BAS. How else am I to phrase it when they are the exact words he used? Why don't you tell me? (he won't). :rolleyes:

Hi all (including BAS)

I'm not intending to be rude here, but I am genuinely interested in who/what BAS is. He (presumably) seems to be the nation's nanny on electrical regs but I think I saw in a recent post that he's not a qualified electrician?

Don't get me wrong; most times I find myself agreeing with his posts and points, if not necessarily the way he makes his point.

I'm also astonished at his prodigious output; around 35,000 posts in eight years, or 12 per day!
My guess is that BAS is a retired engineer of some sort.

Looking forward to the soap opera, and apologies if this has been asked and answered, but 35,000 posts is a lot to read through :p

You live in Edinburgh, one of the best places in the UK to celebrate New Years Eve and you post this thread 26 minutes after the new year??

May I suggest a couple of New Year resolutions? One being to get out more?

BAS is the son of a Jewish asylum seeker, and so he thinks that anyone that questions immigration policy is a racist. He stays out of GD cuz he knows I'll kick his sorry ass (as usual). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Joe - the day that I worry about what a sad loser with significantly sub-normal intelligence like you thinks about me is the day they can take me away.

You're a known holocaust denier, and a prime example of the sort of stinking scum who do so much damage to the image of this site on GD.

What I quoted was a direct quote from yourself. They were YOUR words - not mine. So that must make YOU a racist then. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

View media item 41041
I see why it was moved now.

You live in Edinburgh, one of the best places in the UK to celebrate New Years Eve and you post this thread 26 minutes after the new year??

you may need a new calendar or do you live in Samoa?
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:26 am
That is 26 minutes past new years eve, new years day just happens to fall on the 1st ;)

Happy New year and happy 31st Dec

I don't give a toss who banallsheds is, I know what he is........a fcking idiot who thinks everyone wh doesn't share his views is a murdering racist scumbag. :rolleyes:
Not everyone.

But given what you just said, I guess you can be added to the list.

I was added to your list a long time ago fool. Which by my reckoning puts me in with the normal majority of people.

This is BAS, in his own words.
Back on track - DIYer, bash my own house around.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133610&start=0#ixzz1iDv4S2Vl[/QUOTE]

So as you can all see, he's certainly not qualified to be giving any advice on the electrics forum. This may go some way to explain why he doesn't so much give advice, but instead quotes regulations (specially Part Poo) , then questions whether the person asking a question feels their qualified to even be asking the question in the first place. (lots of questions there ;) ;) )
I'm sure his alter ego on the plumbing forum is "Water Systems" (who claims to be a qualified heating engineer, yet doesn't seem to have installed any heating systems)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hi all (including BAS)

I'm not intending to be rude here, but I am genuinely interested in who/what BAS is. He (presumably) seems to be the nation's nanny on electrical regs but I think I saw in a recent post that he's not a qualified electrician?

Don't get me wrong; most times I find myself agreeing with his posts and points, if not necessarily the way he makes his point.

I'm also astonished at his prodigious output; around 35,000 posts in eight years, or 12 per day!
My guess is that BAS is a retired engineer of some sort.

Looking forward to the soap opera, and apologies if this has been asked and answered, but 35,000 posts is a lot to read through :p

No, I didn't :eek: I posted it early on Dec 31st. I can assure you I had a very Scottish Hogmany, including staying up till 3 in the morning, drinking and singing, followed by a very unwise "Looney Dook" jump in the sea an North Berwich at midday, today. Man, that was cold :!:

Happy new year to one and all, especially B-A-S for his entertainment value :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back