B.A.S

From Wiki :-The electrical trade is currently mainly governed by the JIB (joint industry board), who require City and guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3, City and Guilds National Vocational Qualification Level 2 and 3, and a completion of a recognised apprenticeship or suitable practical training, to qualify as an Installation Electrician.

I think that is incorrect, there should be some "or"s in there as opposed to "and"s. I don't have any of those C&G quails but am time served, NVQ3, HNC, 2382, 2391 etc.
I will have a look in the wiki shortly, a link would be handy tho.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As it was me who pasted that link to a 4 year old thread on the electrics forum.

If you read the rest of it bas is more qualified than most on the forum

Back on track - DIYer, bash my own house around.
Oh, and, err - almost finished my EAL DI VRQ... :confused:

As it was me who pasted that link to a 4 year old thread on the electrics forum.

If you read the rest of it bas is more qualified than most on the forum

Back on track - DIYer, bash my own house around.
Oh, and, err - almost finished my EAL DI VRQ... :confused:
Ahh, so you believe something that can be done in 5 days makes him more qualified than most on the forum? Honestly most sparks I know would disagree. Having said that BAS probably does study the regs more than most, but that doesn't make him better than a fully qualified sparky.

Im not getting too involved but too me anyway he seems to know what hes talking about.

I dont know if he has other qualifications many like me are time served but would still need to take a course like that just to do a bit of private work weekends and to self certify.

The average Diyer i dont think would go to the expense unless he was passionate.

Two years after the course and i have no reason to doubt him
I do all sorts of DIY, with varying degrees of competence, and for that which I can’t, or don’t want to do, I will use a professional. I’m a good painter and decorator, reasonable-ish carpenter as long as I know my limits, a crap gardener (mostly because of lack of interest), not much of a plumber (mostly because of lack of need to ever develop those skills), I’m a fabulous cook, I don’t do building/plastering/tiling, and, I genuinely believe, I am a perfectly competent electrician.

The question is, would he be able to pass he exams required to become a qualified electrician?

I expect the answer is likely to be yes, which makes him competent but without a piece of paper.

I'd rather have him help me do my own electrics than have a young kid just out of skool and leccy courses do it. I would just have to make sure the MIL and kids are not around coz the air would be blue :D

Sponsored Links
Back