Ban them now!

i dont want to upset anyone but this is CRAP

You really only hear about these things on the news and in papers, BUT only regarding, rottweilers, staffs, pitbulls, german shepherds. NOW not everyone one of these breeds is a dangerous dog.
What about attacks from other breeds such as pug, jack russell, yorkies,labradors, pointers, and all the other small breeds, we never hear BECAUSE they dont sell stories unlike so called " devil dogs"
I have 2 staffs both 2 yrs old and as soft as clarts, with people and other animals, are they dangerous dogs, the next door neighbour has a 6 yr old rottweiler and a 2 yr old son, the dog is a big softie, in fact i have yet to hear him even bark at passersby.

The thing which makes these dogs "dangerous" are the OWNERS, not the dogs themselves
Drug dealers have dogs of whatever breed trained to attack/kill, did the dog choose to be like that, NO it was trained by the owner.
So all the onuses must lie with the owners, not the dogs.

A car is not a killer, its the driver
a motor bike is not a killer, its the rider
a gun is not a killer, its the one who pulls the trigger

These are irresponsible people.

My dogs are chipped but never go out without a leader and harness, are my dogs capable of killing or maiming, YES they are, just like any other dog.

Rant over for now,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not sure if the dog breed is the problem, seems to be more with the owner. Id rather a well behaved Alsatian than a viscious terrier. Had a Westie bite a lump out of one of my boots once when servicing a Mexico. I asked the owner to put it in another room and got asked why. The owner refused to believe her little dog would or could do such a thing, even when shown the evidence. She took the dog out anyway and I listened to her complaining about my 'bloody cheek' in the room nest door.

Are they castrated?

no mate, one is a dog the other is a bitch, not castrated or speyed, never been lined, they are just well cared for, well loved, well behaved and well trained family pets.

Tell you thwe truth and you might not believe this but its 100 % true, if its a nice a day and we put their food out in the garden and a pigeon comes down to the bowls, the dogs run in the house, once the pigeon flies off they run outside and start barking.Proper little cowards, but thats the way we want/have them.

Are they castrated?

no mate, one is a dog the other is a ****, not castrated or speyed, never been lined, they are just well cared for, well loved, well behaved and well trained family pets.

Tell you thwe truth and you might not believe this but its 100 % true, if its a nice a day and we put their food out in the garden and a pigeon comes down to the bowls, the dogs run in the house, once the pigeon flies off they run outside and start barking.Proper little cowards, but thats the way we want/have them.

mine to a tee ;)

It makes them less fierce.

no it don't just an excuss for a dog with a behaviour problem that stems
from the owners again.

according to vets, castrating a dog is supposed to make them less boisterous and less vicious as it supposedly takes away their dominance.

I however would not say that was the case, an owner with a castrated dog can still turn that dog into a dangerous dog.Every dog has the porential to be killers, mine included as that is their natural in bred instinct, we TRY to take that away form our dogs, but in truth we dont take it away, it just lies dormant.

Seco

just wondering, if like me you wacth Ceasar Milan, the dog whisperer, great show and that guy can do some tremendous things with dogs

yes watch ceaser quite abit sometimes inthe day or evening must agree that man knows his stuff.
but like many owners i see when i'm with my dogs over the woods and watch how they carry on it's a wonder they haven't had a few nips most haven't got any patients with their dogs.

My PB and Staffie are as soft as ****e unless you happen to be a field mouse, wood pigeon or this months favorite, french partridge. The score is two this month :rolleyes:

My parents had a Westhighland Terrier (Scotty dog), cute as, but if you gave it a pigs ear to munch on, it became very aggresive, if you tried to take it away. So any animal in an uncontrolled environment is going to revert to fight or flight.

I see pet owners walking their dogs past my house, and they allow their dogs to foul the pavement, the argument being, well, the horses from the stables up the road let their horses on the path, and they crap more. It's good for your garden! Or met with a tirade of abuse. Mind your own, who are you to tell me this?

Nah, I like walking in dogshit/horseshit, irresponsible owners of animals! NOT! Look after your animal, and be responsible.

My parents had a Westhighland Terrier (Scotty dog), cute as, but if you gave it a pigs ear to munch on, it became very aggresive, if you tried to take it away. So any animal in an uncontrolled environment is going to revert to fight or flight.

I see pet owners walking their dogs past my house, and they allow their dogs to foul the pavement, the argument being, well, the horses from the stables up the road let their horses on the path, and they crap more. It's good for your garden! Or met with a tirade of abuse. Mind your own, who are you to tell me this?

Nah, I like walking in d*****t/horseshit, irresponsible owners of animals! NOT! Look after your animal, and be responsible.

The Westie was not trained properly then.

I've a Siberian Husky, a breed that while of good intelligence are notoriously headstrong and a nightmare to train.

When her food is put down she is made to wait until I say she is allowed to eat, it can be (and should be) taken away from her to prove you are the alpha male. She is fed on a mix of dry and raw chicken wings, if that makes any difference to your theory?

All the dogs bahco mentions in his original post are at the top levels of canine intelligence and easily trained, if trained to attack they will, it's certainly not a trait they are born with.

Sponsored Links
Back