Banks relocating to EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
My last job went to Glasgow, my wife's previous job went to India, a department in her current company has been told they are all getting made redundant, as work is going to a cheaper outsource provider. Many people I used to know saw their "safe" London jobs go to overseas companies. Looks like the entire building I used to work on, on Moorgate, is now sold off - there were about 1000 people in there 5 years ago.

Not seeing any evidence of a booming London financial centre here.

Sponsored Links
It's also one of the largest money laundering banks in the world...

Hard not to be, all money laundering eventually washes through banks, so the bigger the bank, the more it happens. Not much banks can do about it and silly to put blame on them.

Hard not to be, all money laundering eventually washes through banks, so the bigger the bank, the more it happens. Not much banks can do about it and silly to put blame on them.
Not silly at all to put the blame on them when they themselves are profiting from the practice!

Not silly at all to put the blame on them when they themselves are profiting from the practice!
Yeah, they’re nowhere near as squeaky clean as those Icelandic banks were back in the day. :rolleyes:

If you have a solution you could profit very well from it, get along to the banks asap and explain your new robust system.

Yeah, they’re nowhere near as squeaky clean as those Icelandic banks were back in the day. :rolleyes:
The difference is those banks were allowed to fail, and the 'missing assets' found...

Debts were fully paid back and some bankers were jailed...

A former Icelandic PM was prosecuted regarding conduct during the 2008 crash...

Prior to the virus, public finances were in surplus and public debt to GDP less than half that of the UK...

Care to compare that with the reaction to UK banks?

When will you cease doing your best to show your ignorance :rolleyes:

The difference is those banks were allowed to fail,
Only when they were caught out and after a quarter of the population had lost their savings. They shouldn’t have been allowed to get in that position in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back