Barbecue - charcoal

Sponsored Links
I suppose Weber is the de facto standard for a charcoal BBQ if you must :D

Chimney barbecue charcoal starter makes starting coals a doddle.

Weber started it, but there are now cheaper ones about.

And you can get another lot of coals started whilst food is cooking, so no need for a break whilst the coals get hot.

Sponsored Links
Charcoal all the way...
It's not just the taste, it's the whole 'man build fire' thing too. Nothing beats it on a hot summer day with a cool beer supply brought out for the chef with any luck. Sorry, these outdoor gas cookers just don't cut it for me. They are simply no fun! I may as well as invite my mates for a 'oven', not a BBQ :)

Charcoal all the way...
It's not just the taste, it's the whole 'man build fire' thing too. Nothing beats it on a hot summer day with a cool beer supply brought out for the chef with any luck. Sorry, these outdoor gas cookers just don't cut it for me. They are simply no fun! I may as well as invite my mates for a 'oven', not a BBQ :)

Too right, when I asked people if they were free for my birthday BBQ they'd already left the day free just in case!.

Notjing beats a proper charcoal bbq in the right hands..

A budget of £200 to badly cook £2 `s worth of burgers three or four times a year , is it really worth it ?

I'm building one at the moment made from a mixture of old house bricks and engineering bricks. It has a side to it with a granite slab on the top (left over from when I built the wood burner hearth) and the plan is to have 2 tiers on it for cooking with a chimney on the top to take smoke away. They're totally worth it and we've been lucky with a very warm and sunny May/early June.

So far cost me the price of the sand and cement, plus some steel bars to hold the brick opening up. I'm a slow brick layer though so I'm not done yet!

Will post a picture when it's finished.

Get one of these:

Andy

You can't beat a good spit roast!!!!

BBQ rules for me are:

Make sure you are ****ed before you light it.

Get enough beer, barcardi, coke and mint plants to last 3 BBQ's.

Just get burgers, sausages and muffins (that's a bap, cob, bread cake, bun or whatever else you want to call it).

Make sure you have enough wood handy to turn it into a small bonfire once it goes dark.

Get a gazebo incase of rain.

Invite your neighbours.

Invite your mates kids to sleep over so no one has to go home early.

Get some decent breakfast in.

Keep the bottle bin nearby.

Don't invite Bosswhite.

I tend to avoid charcoal BBQ`s not a great lover of semi cooked /raw Burgers/sausages and chicken portions ( all burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.) depending on how many beers the chef has had at the time .
At least with a Gas BBQ one can cook the food thoroughly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back