Barbecue - charcoal

Bought a gas bar b , never go back to messy charcoal.

Gas is crap. No taste to the already crap food that you buy from the supermarkets. If you want a lasting bar b que grill go brick or stainless steel. Even if the water doesn't get at a mild steel one in the winter the fact that you are burning very hot charcoal in it will very soon destroy mild steel. Stainless is expensive, forget £200 think more like a thousand. You might get a grill that will last a little longer.

Sponsored Links
Update - thanks for all the advice guys. I brought a Rhyno Charcoal bbq in the end and made use of it over the weekend. We had 30 guests (including the children) and it coped with one set of charcoal. Loved it!

Q. It took me over an hour to clean the grills with scourer and fairy liquid. I would like to use it on a more frequent basis (cook a few burgers etc) but don’t want to spend over an hour cleaning it each time! How does this work guys? Excuse the ignorance
Glad sorted!
We clean ours by soaking it first then using wire wool and comes off fairly easily because of the soaking. You can buy wire BBQ cleaning brushes too.

Update - thanks for all the advice guys. I brought a Rhyno Charcoal bbq in the end and made use of it over the weekend. We had 30 guests (including the children) and it coped with one set of charcoal. Loved it!

Q. It took me over an hour to clean the grills with scourer and fairy liquid. I would like to use it on a more frequent basis (cook a few burgers etc) but don’t want to spend over an hour cleaning it each time! How does this work guys? Excuse the ignorance
I use Oven Pride or Oven Mate. Comes with a sealable plastic bag that you put the grills into, coat with the cleaner and leave overnight. Rinse off the following day. No scrubbing with Brillo pads etc.

Sponsored Links
Gas is crap. No taste to the already crap food that you buy from the supermarkets. If you want a lasting bar b que grill go brick or stainless steel. Even if the water doesn't get at a mild steel one in the winter the fact that you are burning very hot charcoal in it will very soon destroy mild steel. Stainless is expensive, forget £200 think more like a thousand. You might get a grill that will last a little longer.
Maybe you need coking lessons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back