Bare Makita combi drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to add a bare combi percussion drill to the Makita drill driver I already have.

My existing drill is 13mm chuck, model 6337D. 14.4w, 2.6ah, NI-MH. I am very happy with it.
Would any Makita 13mm combi drill fit and use the charger? Or would I have to look for a specific model?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You'll have to look for a 14.4 volt model which uses that battery system (the old push-insert type batteries as opposed to the modern slide-on Li-Ion batteries). Makita seem to have more or less dropped the 14.4 volt and 18 volt NiCd/NiMH line these days with only a few 12 volt NiCd/NiMH products still listed on their web site. So I'd say that means you are looking at old stock when you start casting round the tool dealers, but extra 14.4 volt OEM batteries are also getting quite scarce. Current thinking is in terms of 10.8/12 volt Li-Ion tools for lightweight use with 18 volt Li-Ion for trade use (there are 14.4 volt Li-Ion tools, but I rarely see anyone with them) and those are the tools most dealers will offer

Thanks. I'll run round local dealers tomorrow. If no luck I'll buy a new combi drill which is the best bargain at the moment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back