Bargain Draper 18v cordless set ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These look an extremely good bargain, has anyone any experience of the Draper tools?

These nails appear to be a decent price too, anyone know if these are what I should be looking for?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I am extremely close to buying these, the price of individual bits is over £85 each anyway.

As I am after a new cordless drill, the little extra cost to get these other cordless tools seems excellent to me.

RE the nailer, it takes from 15-32mm nails.
What use is this?
I have not been a big user of nails in the past, preferring screws.
Is this likely to be good enough for nailing a feather edge boarded fence together, for instance?

I'm not sure that the max length is enough for most DIY work?

Also the circular saw, are these small ones much good?
I have all these tools mains powered (not same make) anyway (except the nailer - but I have a hammer) so I'm wondering whatthe benefit would be?

1.5AH batteries, is that good, bad or average for these types of tools?

a drill of similar quality is £17.12 in Wickes excl batt and charger.

its a pin gun ideal for light moulding or 9mm txg cladding or cabinet back panels
18 gauge pins are very small

i personaly wouldnt buy the set the normal selling price was around the £200 mark and thats the full range they do
where as ryobi do over 25 powertools for the home and garden for there one plus set up

or if you like the older ryobi take 5 kit i am selling my kit with an aditional drill and 2 batteries for around £140 mark this kit is not compatable with the the other ryobi stuff but is great gear for a beginner

this is not a link to me but a picture off what i am parting with but less money and an extra drill
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120412191337

youy will get 3x 1.7 batts 2 chargers 2x 1.5ah batts 2 drills 1 jigsaw 1 circular saw 1 chop saw and a brilliant light

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Any comments on the Draper expert range on here seem to be good.

Although I can't find any other reviews of them after a lot of searching.

so whats wrong with them?

as said thats the full range so nowt you can add
also they tend to move on and no backup or spares where as ryobi do hold spares

OK cheers folks, I have decided not to bother.

As good a bargain as this set is, I cant see me being able to afford replacement batteries, or finding much use for the nail gun.

As I have most of these mains powered already I'll make do with an extension lead & if I come across the need for portable tools more then 'll look again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back