Basic Lighting / Diagrams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am currently on the C & G 2330 level 2, one of my course mates said he managed to get diagrams of switching circuits etc on this site. Can anyone tell me where they are etc

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A very good book for this type of thing is 'Electric Wiring Domestic' by Brian Scaddan ISBN 9780750659154. It should be around 7 - 9 pounds if I remember. Look on PLAY.com or Amazon etc

Or as I did when doing 2330. Buy yourself a 25m drum of 1mm wire, some switches (one way, two way and itermediate) , light pendants, roses etc

Then get a small sheet of MDF or chip board and erect your own circuits.

When you do it in practise it suddenly becomes very clear and straight forward. :D

A very good book for this type of thing is 'Electric Wiring Domestic' by Brian Scaddan ISBN 9780750659154. It should be around 7 - 9 pounds if I remember. Look on PLAY.com or Amazon etc

Or as I did when doing 2330. Buy yourself a 25m drum of 1mm wire, some switches (one way, two way and itermediate) , light pendants, roses etc

Then get a small sheet of MDF or chip board and erect your own circuits.

When you do it in practise it suddenly becomes very clear and straight forward. :D

Now that is great advice!

Sponsored Links
Add some 2.5mm and add a few simple power circuits as well - makes life easy when learning your testing as well as you can see instantly what teh effect of certain faults are when you introduce them. Got me through my exams.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back