Basin waste thread needs lowering?

I can't, it's just too big of job as there's more involved than just a straight wall.

I'm annoyed cause I'll probably end up using a couple of elbows where it meets the wall = bodge.

I learnt a lesson though. I was too concerned with getting the waste pipe too high and ignored that fact that actually it could end up being too low to accept a trap.

Sponsored Links
I learnt a lesson though. I was too concerned with getting the waste pipe too high and ignored that fact that actually it could end up being too low to accept a trap.

Measure twice, cut once!

OK if your determined to cock it up, there are extention pieces made by McAlpine part numbers, S12A-1 S12A-2 and S12A-3
they are 1" 2" and 3" long, then go to B&Q or Halford and get a chrome spray

OK if your determined to cock it up, there are extention pieces made by McAlpine part numbers, S12A-1 S12A-2 and S12A-3
they are 1" 2" and 3" long, then go to B&Q or Halford and get a chrome spray

And these will extend the thread downwards?

I notice that the thread on a waste is smaller than that on a 32mm coupling.

Sponsored Links
Which is 32mm right?

If I take a standard 32mm waste compression coupler and put it against the thread on my basin waste(plug). The plug thread is smaller, meaning I can't attach the nut from a compression coupler onto my waste.

FFS your basin waste fitting is one and a quarter inch BSP thread the part numbers I have given you are to extend this down to the trap

ok, keep your knickers on. Just asking a question!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back