Bath Panel Tile Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to install my bath and hope to fit the bath to the wall first, then tile down to it, which I think gives a neater seal. However, I have figured out that if I do this the bath panel wont fit, due to the projection of the tiles at either end. Can anyone advise me on a way round this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll have to cut the panel after the tilings been done. Sharp knife and support carefully, cut half way through and snap off.

cozzmic

Thanks. This was one of the options I thought of, but convinced myself it couldn't be done neatly. A possible slight complication is that the bath is the curved "shower bath" type. Also the bath panel has a stiffening structure to it all round? Do you see this as a problem. Have you had success with cutting and snapping before?[/url]

Sponsored Links
It'll cut fine just take your time, outer layer first then support layer or cut with a fine toothed saw. Finish off when fitted with bath silicon between tile and panel. Will cover any small discrepencies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back