bath replacement (waste overflow help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am about to remove and replace my very old bath , i have done as much research as i can on what i will need etc, i have taken the panels of to have a look at the pipework and i have noticed that the overflow is going straight outside via the wall , the pipe looks like it could be lead. The waste is a plastic and looks pretty new . What i would like to know is would it be ok to purchase a combined waste and overflow and get rid of the origanal overflow pipe. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just check that the height of the new bath will allow the extra depth of waste - should do! When setting the height of the new bath, make sure you take the height of the bath side panel into account. To fit the waste trap, you may have to cut a hole in the floor to allow the bottom of the trap to sit it.

The trick to bathroom fitting is to try and think through the whole job, and do the groundwork accordingly, measuring as accurately as possible.

Sponsored Links
Just took your advice and done a double check , looks ok for a waste and overflow combination but after half a dozen attemps at checking the bath size my wife and i get it at 1650x700 , now i was going to order one at 1700mm , the bath is in situ at the moment but i do get it at 1650 and i notice that the standard is 1700 , the house was built in the 60s , i am also going to have a shower overhead and wondering if anyone could give any advice about routing the feed pipe to the inlet of the shower . I was going to drill a hole in the end of the bath and feed it up . The current feed goes around the bath at right to left at 90 degrees then up to shower inlet . Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back