Bath Sealant For Use On Natural Stone Tiles?

RDD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to reseal my bath, but have recently discovered I've been using the wrong sealant for natural stone tiles in the past, made fairly obvious by the fact it seems to peel away from them over time...

On reading the tube (which I've never done, sealant's sealant, right?!) most sealants specifically state they're not for use on natural stone, but I'm struggling to find one that does state it's suitable.

So could any pro's help me out and recommend a bath sealant (clear ideally) that will properly adhere to stone tiles?

Much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Just checking as it's slightly unusual - is your bath made of stone tiles?

Sorry, should have clarified, it's stone tile up to a plastic bath.

Tends to start peeling away from the stone after a while.

are you talking about floor tiles or wall tiles?

there's lots of appropriate sealants and cleaner's for natural stone.
once it starts peeling you might have difficulty trying to make a respectable job of it, but solvent and non-solvent strippers are available.

fwiw: its best to seal stone before fixing it but definitely before grouting.

why not refer to the place where you bought the stone/sealant from for advice on their products?

Sponsored Links
are you talking about floor tiles or wall tiles?

there's lots of appropriate sealants and cleaner's for natural stone.
once it starts peeling you might have difficulty trying to make a respectable job of it, but solvent and non-solvent strippers are available.

fwiw: its best to seal stone before fixing it but definitely before grouting.

why not refer to the place where you bought the stone/sealant from for advice on their products?

They're wall tiles, surrounding the bath.

I know you say there's lots, but finding one which specifically says it's suitable for stone is proving elusive, which is why I asked for a suggestion.

It's also an existing bathroom, so I've no idea who installed it or when.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back