Bath, Shower,Washbasin and Toilet in same room - Daft idea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At home I have the bath, shower, washbasin and toilet all in the same room. This I have found becoming a bloody nuisance at times. For example someone wants to go to the lavatory but can't go because someone is in the bath or shower or vice versa or the bathroom is free for ages then the second after someone like myself goes for a shave someone outside the room says "I want to go to the toilet".

My father who built the bathroom says "well, its not my fault, I never wanted to put the lavatory in the same room as everything else" claiming it was my mothers insistence to put everything how it is (which I can believe) We are planning to put another toilet elsewhere but we are still having the problem mentioned above for time being. Does anybody else have everything in the same room like I have and suffer the same problem? Does anybody else think of it as a daft idea?

Comments please

Sponsored Links
I think it's a good idea to have a toilet in the bathroom providing you have a 2nd toilet as well. I have done many stud walls put back up after they has the wall knock down over the years between the toilet and bathroom. I don't know the layout of your bathroom but is it possible to put a wall up between the bath & the toilet but you will need another door entrance. Having said this you would be better off having a 2nd toilet, if it's a house then a good investment would be to have a 2nd toilet downstairs, the most popular small room is under the stairs. I have a 2nd toilet & shower in the utility room.

my mate done it years ago,knocking his toilet and bathroom into one, it looks nice but hes got three girls who are teenagers now, and he cant get near it. his brothers in exactly the same position with three girls and hes left it as it is due to the fact his brothers constapated and is starting to smell. if it was a knock through tap on the wall where the door to the toilet was, a lot of the time the door casing is left in, if this is the case put a stud wall back up and open the doorway back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back