Bath waste dripping help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bath waste not long installed and have noticed it is occasiionally dripping at what seems to be the push on overflow pipe?

I have ran the taps and cant see any leak around the actual drain area.

Could water be slightly running up the overflow pipe when draining and leaking at the push on spigot/pipe section?

Or perhaps when someone is stood in the bath the pressure is causing the waste to leak?

Any help? Thanks

Sponsored Links
bath waste not long installed and have noticed it is occasiionally dripping at what seems to be the push on overflow pipe?

Could water be running up the overflow pipe when draining and leaking at the push on spigot/pipe section?
that's most likely - the water will be at the same level in the o/f pipe when draining. Remove push fit and add a smear of silicone - replace - that should seal it.

that's most likely - the water will be at the same level in the o/f pipe when draining. Remove push fit and add a smear of silicone - replace - that should seal it.

I have had another good look at it and i can see that the connection between the bath waste & plug waste jumps off the threads when tightening and not creating a good seal. I can also see that the compression fitting on the waste trap at the other end has been fitted sttaight onto an elbow.

Looks like there is a slight misalignment.

Any idea how i can overcome this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back