Bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is is acceptable to run a bath waste pipe so that it just runs into an outside drain? I have often seen kitchen sink wastes arranged like this, but not baths. The reason I want to do it this way is that the fall pipe I would otherwise connect to is above my conservatory roof making it difficult to access.

Sponsored Links
Its ok on a bungalow to do this. It would look strange having a 40 mm waste pipe clipped down the wall from an upstairs bathroom though.

Can't see any problem apart from it looking aesthetically wrong.

See what the others think. :D

Bahco said:
Its ok on a bungalow to do this. It would look strange having a 40 mm waste pipe clipped down the wall from an upstairs bathroom though.

Can't see any problem apart from it looking aesthetically wrong.

See what the others think. :D
Length of rainwater pipe to first floor level and bath waste into top :idea: Done on millions of pre 1960 houses ;)

Sponsored Links
At what point is any body gona ask if the drain to be used is top water / soil or a combined system. ]

Thanks for that folks. :D
The drain already takes waste from my kitchen, does this mean it's likely to be soil or combined rather than top water, assuming things were done properly?

Open a manhole, flush loo.........run sink water.same pipes .ok :idea:

Your current sink drain outside will have a trap (U bend) to stop the smells from the drain coming up. You should see standing water under the grating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back